Subject: Re: Lowest POWER FPGAs???
From: mushh@jps.net (David Decker)
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 06:08:12 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
IJ.McCrum@ulst.ac.uk (I McCrum) wrote:

>Xilinx XC3000A are pretty low power.

For 2MHz clock rates and 3.3V operation, the 3000L series is a
better choice and runs at 40% the power of the 3000A. The 3000L's
powerdown mode is specified at 10uA but is actually about 1uA. If
you could afford to loose the state of your counters during your
75% off time, you could save a lot of power using power down mode
of say an XC3064L .

Cheers,

Dave Decker

Dave Decker
Diablo Research Co. LLC

Please use only one 'h' in mush. I'm trying to reduce the spam.

"Animals .  .  . are not brethren they are not
underlings;  they are other nations,
caught with ourselves in the net of life and time,
fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of
the earth."
Henry Beston -  The Outermost House
Article: 9626