Subject: Re: Xilinx 5.2/6 tools v M1.5 tools for an XC4013E part.....
From: Ray Andraka <no_spam_randraka@ids.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 09:26:28 -0500
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>

peterc wrote:

> > Is there a DOS based download program with the new tools (I guess I could
> > use the old XCHECKER???), or do I have to convert all the 486/16M/120M DOS
> > notebooks we use in the lab for downloading over to CD based (NT only comes
> > on CD) NT machines???
>
> It can be run under 95 according to Xilinx (but I've not tried).

works just fine under 95.  Ver 1.4 had a bug that required downloading the patch
from xilinx.

http://users.ids.net/~randraka

Article: 13226
Subject: Re: Why doesn't Xilinx's simulator work?
From: "Bruce Reid" <bruce.reidnosp@mwaterloo.ncr.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 09:39:30 -0500
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
I have been having the same problem while doing functional sim with
Foundation 1.5. I called the Xilinx support line and sent them a copy of
what I was working on. It worked fine for them! They had no explanation for
my problem, and it's still a problem. I my case, some levels of the
hierarchy could be probed and others could not. For example, once I could
probe the top sheet, but not the sheet below that. I could, however, probe a
sheet three levels down. Later, without doing anything obvious, I was able
to probe level 2 sheets, but not the top sheet. Anyone else get any help on
this?

jdehaven@my-dejanews.com wrote in message
<728v8e$voo$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Joel, Are you doing a functional or a timing simulation in Foundation 1.5?
>The behaviour you are describing is to be expected at times when running a
>timing simulation.  The reason is that many of the nodes in the schematic
get
>absorbed into look-up-tables in the Xilinx CLBs.  So... when you place a
>probe on such a net, the simulator cannot find that node in it's netlist
>(which is a back-annotated timing netlist from the Xilinx tool).  Follow
the
>net back to a flop or pad (or forward to a flop or pad), and see if placing
>probe at those points work better.
>
>If you need to do a functional simulation, and you haven't edited (saved)
the