Subject: Re: Jedec to tms/tdi wiggles
From: Dave Vanden Bout <devb@xess.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 08:16:30 -0500
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>

Jon Schneider wrote:

> I've been tinkering with Xilinx's Webpack software and am rather
> impressed with it.
>
> If I now make up my own design of board up with a CPLD on it, where is
> it defined exactly how to go from the Jedec file output by the tools
> to doing things to the Jtag signals ?
>
> Ideally I expect to have to solder up a lead from say a standard
> parallel port to my board then ideally take a program and fill in the
> bits that say "insert code for raising tms here" and the like. Is
> there such a thing I can download ?

You can use the Xilnx software to generate SVF from the JEDEC file.  XESS
has tools (http://www.xess.com/downloads/xstools.exe) that will download
an SVF file into an XC9500 CPLD via the parallel port.  You can build your
hardware to match the circuitry of the XS95 Board
(http://www.xess.com/manuals/xs95-manual-v1_3.pdf) and use the XESS
software as is, or you can modify the source code of the downloader
(http://www.xess.com/downloads/xstools-source-v3_0.zip) to match your
hardware.

--
|| Dr. Dave Van den Bout   XESS Corp.               (919) 387-0076 ||
|| devb@xess.com           2608 Sweetgum Dr.        (800) 549-9377 ||

Article: 28226