Subject: Re: Distributed RAM/ROM
From: Ray Andraka <ray@andraka.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:55:07 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Nope, this is Xilinx specific, and is the major advantage xilinx has over
altera's stratix.  Stratix has small 512 bit memories associated with each
megalab which make up some but not all of the difference.  You can insert keep
attributes on the outputs of each 16 deep rom to maintain the structure.

For the Dual port RAMs, you run into a problem reading and writing the same
address if the data is changing.  See the Fast block ram updates thread where
this is currently being discussed.