Subject: Re: floorplanning
From: Philip Freidin <philip@fliptronics.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 16:48:09 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
On Fri, 13 May 2005 12:48:21 -0700, Lukasz Salwinski <lukasz@ucla.edu> wrote:
>hello,
>   there seems to be a plethora of textbooks on VHDL/Verilog
>available. But what about floorplanning ? Are there any
>resources (print/Web) available ?
>
>lukasz

There is some old floorplanning info on my website at:

    http://www.fliptronics.com/floorplanning1.html

Plus the following is an example of a larger floorplanning
projects:

    http://www.fliptronics.com/gallery.html

In particular, if you look at the MFILT design, (click on the picture
to get the "BIG Picture" of an extremely well packed design. The following
3 designs also show very dense designs that are all well beyond the ability
of the standard P&R tools to handle on their own.

What is great about the MFILT design, is that you can see detailed
schematics for a significant portion of the design, including the
floorplanning RLOCS by reading the patent, 6148313 at either

   www.FreePatentsOnline.com

or

   http://www.uspto.gov/patft/index.html

Philip