Subject: Re: Sigma-Delta A/D
From: John Monro <johnmonro@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 23:01:15 +1100
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
langwadt@ieee.org wrote:
> Marco skrev:
>

>>"Symon" <symon_brewer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Marco,
>>>This any good?
>>>http://www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm/appnote_number/1870
>>>Ciao, Syms.
>>>"Marco" <marcotoschi@nospam.it> wrote in message

>>Now I'm trying to implement the sigma delta a/d.
>>The range of my analog input will be from 0 to 3.3V
>>
>>Here the scheme of delta sigma modulator:
>>
>>                   _______     ________     __________
>>Analog In --|diff.amp.|---|Integrator|---|Comparator|----> dig.filter
>>                --|             |    |               |     |with gnd      |

>>               |             ________                                     |
>>               ---------| 1-bit dac|-------------------------
>>                            |               |

>>It's not clear the function of 1-bit DAC. If it's only 1 bit it should be as
>>a switch, so,
>>in my case, a comparator connected to ground.
>>And also diff.amp should be a comparator?
>>
>>I think I'm making a mistake.
>>
>>Could you explain where is wrong?
>>
>>Many Thanks
>>Marco
>

> your scheme is hard to read, you probably used tabs instead of spaces.
> the DAC should output 0v and 3.3V, your comparator should have a 3.3/2=
>
> 1.65V reference
>
> -Lasse

To answer another of Marco's questions, the diff. amp should not be a
comparator.  It must have a linear output and will usually be based on
an op. amp.

From: "Marco" <marcotoschi@nospam.it>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 13:56:52 +0100
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>

"John Monro" <johnmonro@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> langwadt@ieee.org wrote:
>> Marco skrev:
>>

>>>"Symon" <symon_brewer@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>Now I'm trying to implement the sigma delta a/d.
>>>The range of my analog input will be from 0 to 3.3V
>>>
>>>Here the scheme of delta sigma modulator:
>>>
>>>                   _______     ________     __________
>>>Analog In --|diff.amp.|---|Integrator|---|Comparator|----> dig.filter
>>>                --|             |    |               |     |with gnd

>>>               |             ________
>>> |
>>>               ---------| 1-bit dac|-------------------------
>>>                            |               |

>>>It's not clear the function of 1-bit DAC. If it's only 1 bit it should be
>>>as
>>>a switch, so,
>>>in my case, a comparator connected to ground.
>>>And also diff.amp should be a comparator?
>>>
>>>I think I'm making a mistake.
>>>
>>>Could you explain where is wrong?
>>>
>>>Many Thanks
>>>Marco
>>

>> your scheme is hard to read, you probably used tabs instead of spaces.
>> the DAC should output 0v and 3.3V, your comparator should have a 3.3/2=
>>
>> 1.65V reference -Lasse
>>

> To answer another of Marco's questions, the diff. amp should not be a
> comparator.  It must have a linear output and will usually be based on an
> op. amp.
>

> Regards,
> John

Is it possible to use 2 LVDS pins?

Marco

Article: 91127
From: "Marco" <marcotoschi@nospam.it>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 14:16:30 +0100
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
An.In --|diff.amp.|--|Integrator|--|Comparator|-+- dig.filt
        +-|             |    |              |   |with gnd      |   |

Sorry, I hope this would be more clear

Article: 91128