Subject: Xilinx configuration
From: bytheway@ced.utah.edu (Jared Bytheway)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 1994 16:14:52 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hey,
I am trying to get a Xilinx XC3064 fpga part up and running but I'm having some
configuration problems.  I'm trying to load the configuration data in master
parallel mode.  I can see the address lines changing, trying to look for the
start bits.  But when I put the EPROM in, the Xilinx chip starts sucking large
amounts of current.  I have my PS limited to 150mA so the supply voltage drops
to about 2.8 volts.
	Any ideas?????
It seems to have something to do with the data lines.  I can put in an erased
EPROM (all 1s) and it doesn't do it, but of course it won't configure.  For some
reason, the Xilinx wants to keep all of its data lines high all of the time.
Something else that I noticed is that the address lines are all high for the first
80mS or so after powerup.  Then the address lines start counting like their supposed
to but quickly decay down to 2.7V (because of current limited supply).

Help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Jared Bytheway
Center for Engineering Design
University of Utah