Subject: Re: ECL, PECL gate arrays or FPGA's
From: Bob Elkind <eteam@aracnet.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 19:53:50 +0100
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
In article 41C67EA6@rice.edu, Michael Filippo <filippo@rice.edu> () writes:
>Let me try it again...
>
>Does anyone know where (or if) I can get ECL or PECL (preferrable) gate arrays
>or FPGAs?  I'm trying to design a high-speed (100 MHz) crossbar switch and I need
>some way to build multiple multi-bit 16-1 MUXs.  I've looked at Lattice's CPLDs
>(1K, 2K, and 3K families), but I have serious doubts about their performance.  I'm
>laess concerned with the propagation delay than I am about the output edge rates.  I
>assume I can skew the clock for the receiving latch to compensate for the prop.
>delay (assuming I can fix it in a range), but I can't very well have a 10 ns period
>if I have 5ns (or more) edge rates.  Any suggestions?
>
>--
>Mike Filippo
>filippo@rice.edu
>http://www-ce.rice.edu/ce/members/filippo/htdocs/filippo.html

Have you looked at Vitesse Semiconductor's GaAs gate arrays?  I can't imagine these
would be terribly thrifty solutions for limited production runs of thesis projects,
but others in the commercial world may wish to consider them.

http://www.hp.com/csocat/eda/asicpages/vitesse.htm

Good Luck,

Bob Elkind

Bob Elkind                email:eteam@aracnet.com             CIS:72022,21
7118 SW Lee Road                         part-time fax number:503.357.9001
Gaston, OR 97119                     cell:503.709.1985   home:503.359.4903
******** Video processing, R&D, ASIC, FPGA design consulting *************

Article: 3226