Subject: Re: BGA central ground matrix
From: Paul Johnson <abuse@127.0.0.1>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 22:58:25 +0000
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 11:48:10 -0800, Austin Lesea <austin@xilinx.com>
wrote:

>The most famous (and true) story of this was with the SF Bay Area Rapid
>Transit System (BART), in ~1974 or was it 1975?:

I was there in '70 or '71: I remember that the line and stations were
finished, but there was some technical problem that prevented the
trains running.

Article: 96376
Subject: IP2IP_Addr in IPIF
From: "agou" <agou.win@gmail.com>
Date: 2 Feb 2006 16:29:13 -0800
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hi, group

I generated a IPIC interface by the Create and Import Peripheral Wizard

to access PLB_DDR blockon the PLB bus.

I chose the DMA, user logic Master Support mode. And then try to
develop my own logic based on the generated files. Here, I have one
problem:

To write to an address on PLB bus, I need to provide two addresses:
IP2IP_Addr which stores the source data and IP2Bus_Addr
to which writes the data. Do I need to instantiate a BRAM in the FPGA
to provide the source address?

What I am not clear is whether the BRAM is compatible the IPIC logic.
Or do I have to instantiate another PLB_Bram and then hook it up to the
PLB? Are there any other simple method?

Thank you for the help.
Roger

Article: 96377