Subject: Re: Remedies after the Fathers' Day Massacre
From: "Simon" <simonb@tile.demon.co.cuthis.uk>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 11:50:02 +0100
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Just leaves the plain-text pin lists to be dealt with...

Peter Alfke wrote in message <395EE570.BFCB052C@earthlink.net>...
>Two weeks ago, some of you posted strong opinions about the
>user-unfriendliness of our Applinx CD-ROM.
>These were your main objections:
>
>1. "I don't want to see the Hollywood opening"
>2. "I refuse to add anything to my pc-installation. Windoze is fragile
>enough. I just want to read the data sheets and app notes."
>3."Spartan files should not be locked. I want to cut and paste"
>4."The CD-ROM should not expire"
>5."I hate marketing"
>
>We took a serious look at these complaints and came up with the
>following solutions:
>
>1. As I posted already: Just hit ESCAPE
>
>2. As I posted already: Open the CD with Explorer.
>Then you can either double-click on the databook.htm file, and open it
>with Explorer,
>or you double-click on the databook.pdf files and open them with
>Acrobat.
>
>3. Never again will we copy-protect a data sheet or app note. Spartan
>info on the web is now unprotected, thanks to your comments.
>
>4. The CD-ROM does not "expire". Bad choice of word on our part. You can
>use any Applinx CD-ROM until your Pentium turns to dust. After six
>months we just remind you that you might be better off getting a new
>CD-ROM. Ignore that, if you really feel like it. The same goes for our
>software. You will then be without updates and support, but nothing will
>evaporate or die or explode.
>
>5. Marketing is a necessary function. You may dislike the style ( as I
>do I sometimes), but without marketing, there would be no new products.
>Somebody has to coordinate the introduction, promotion, pricing,
>production, sales etc. Learn to accept marketing, life without them
>would be worse.
>
>Greetings, and keep designing with Virtex and Spartan.  Neat parts!
>
>Peter Alfke, Xilinx Applications

Article: 23601
Subject: ANN: FPGA Proto Kits now 25% cheaper
From: "Tony Burch" <tony@BurchED.com.au>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 21:32:21 +1000
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Burch Electronic Designs FPGA Prototyping
kits are now 25% cheaper.
Xilinx kits are now US$66 !

The price rollback is due to the abolition
of the crippling "Wholesale Sales Tax"
in Australia, plus the recent streamlining
of our production process.

Xilinx, Altera, Atmel, Lucent and Actel kits
are available.

For product details, secure online shop and
subscription to our free online newsletter
please go to
www.BurchED.com.au

International orders are very welcome.

Best regards