Subject: Re: Convert rbt to bit
From: panjuhwa_fpga@yahoo.com (PanJuHwa)
Date: 22 Jun 2003 05:51:14 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Philip, reason being that the project I'm undertaking requires me to
edit .bit files, and I understand that the way to do that is to use
bitgen to produce .rbt version of the .bit files. I have code that
takes in .bit files to configure the FPGA, but not .rbt files. Hence,
I'm wondering if there is a way to convert rbt to bit through some
utility already available or by coding a program to do that.

One other alternative I think would be to use iMPACT to configure the
FPGA using rbt files? I just came across documentation stating this
can be done, although I have not tried it myself. I'm using Virtex
XCV1000.

Philip Freidin <philip@fliptronics.com> wrote in message news:<u62afv4tgl8f0va5jf5lqs8todblcvcu5m@4ax.com>...
> On 21 Jun 2003 16:55:04 -0700, panjuhwa_fpga@yahoo.com (PanJuHwa) wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >  how do we do that? Is it possible to code using Java?
> >
> >  Thanks
>
> Why would you want to do this? The same program (bitgen) generates
> both files. If you can get one, you can get the other.
>
> Philip
>
> Philip Freidin
> Fliptronics

Article: 57051