Subject: Re: real-time compression algorithms on fpga
From: "Jerry Coffin" <jerry.coffin@gmail.com>
Date: 23 Dec 2005 10:59:34 -0800
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Melanie Nasic wrote:
> Hi Jerry,
>
> thanks for your response(s).

Sorry 'bout that -- Google claimed the first one hadn't posted, so I
tried again...

> Sounds quite promising. Do you know something
> about hardware implementation of the compression schemes you propose? Are
> there already VHDL examples available or at least C reference models?

I don't believe I've seen any VHDL code for it. One place that has C
code is:

ftp://ftp.cs.cornell.edu/pub/multimed/ljpg.tar.Z

I suspect Google would turn up a few more implementations as well. If
you like printed information, you might consider _Image and Video
Compression Standards: Algorithms and Architectures; Second Edition_ by
Bhaskaran and Konstantinides. Published by Kluwer Academic Publishers,
ISBN 0-7923-9952-8. It doesn't go into tremendous detail, but it's one
of the few (that I know of) that discusses lossless JPEG at all.

--
    Later,
    Jerry.

Article: 93526