Subject: Re: Stratix-II <==> Virtex4 interconnect; 10 GB Ethernet cores
From: "Simon Peacock" <simon$actrix.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:01:02 +1300
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Why even bother with Ethernet?  Two FPGA's from any vender will talk with
very little troubles.  Do you need speed or distance?

Simon

<martinh@qualcomm.com> wrote in message
> Has anybody had any showstopping problems when interconnecting
> Stratix-II and Virtex4 (EP2S180 & LX200) ? We just want to have a mass
> differential interconnect for a source-synchronous interface on
> 'left-over' pins for future expansion. Have never used Altera before
> but I realize the banking is quite different.
> Also, any experiences good or bad with 10GB Ethernet MAC cores from
> both Xilinx and Altera ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Martin

Article: 95101
Subject: Re: OT:Shooting Ourselves in the Foot
From: Pooh Bear <rabbitsfriendsandrelations@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 23:08:10 +0000
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>

"Everett M. Greene" wrote:

> Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon@My-Web-Site.com> writes:
> > Sheeeesh!  If you count the breaks it's even less than 30 hours.
> >
> > When I was doing the big motor control project at Bosch in Bühlertal,
> > Germany, I'd barely get in the door and they'd break for "breakfast".
>
> I would think you should have gone with the flow.  If you
> were staying at a hotel, you couldn't get a decent breakfast,
> so the zweite fruhstuck was needed to get you to lunchtime.

Are you kidding ?

On the few occasions I've stayed in a hotel in Germany the buffet breakfast
was awesome !

Graham

Article: 95102