Subject: Re: Help with XACT 6.0 ProSim Problem
From: mush@netgate.net (David Decker)
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 1996 00:15:13 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
DTHIBAUL <DTHIBAUL@mailgw.sanders.lockheed.com> wrote:

>When I run Viewlogics Prosim under Windows 3.11 the program states
>that I have only about 1 Meg of memory available (which is not enough to
>load anything even moderately big).  When I run any of the other Pro
>Series tools (i.e. Procapture or Prowave) they report I have 75Meg of
>memory available.  MSD also says I have plenty of memory.  Anyone ever
>seen this problem and have any hints???

I'm running ProSim as purchaced from Xilinx. I don't see a 1M message.
I just see a message stating that my memory is all used up and would I
like to save everything before quitting. ProSim then just bails out,
back to PROFlow. This happens after 16000 net name equivalencies have
been logged to the screen.

CD6.0.1\xbbs\utils\xmem\xmem.exe shows plenty of everything when it
quits. This is a real time display of resources you can run while
running ProSim.

My design uses about 38% of the D-flops in a 4025E (fewer func gens.)

Xilinx says, 'ProSim has size limitations.' This will be rectified by
the move to WorkView Office with Xilinx's next maintenance release,
early November. I suppose you could buy WVO from ViewLogic. $$

I am able to Pro-simulate this same ckt. when I moved it to the
XC5215. It's easy. Altran is automatically invoked under Win-doz when
you try to switch. Then I move it back to 4025E for P&R and timing
analysis. Are we having fun yet?

My other DSP blocks are smaller and haven't had this problem.

I'm very glad ProSeries is DEAD! I hope WVO is better. ???

Dave Decker

Article: 4076