Subject: Re: Pwr/Gnd ( again)
From: husby@my-deja.com
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 17:28:49 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Ray Andraka <ray@andraka.com> wrote:
> Also, be aware that using a bonded IO and it's internal pullup for
> this leaves an avenue to introduce emi into your design, as you have
> a fairly high impedance antenna.

Also, if you tie a signal to a pin, the optimizer won't recoginze
it as a constant (VCC or GND) and can't optimize it away.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Article: 26151
Subject: PhD studentship
From: Alastair Allen <a.allen@abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 18:50:39 +0100
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Research Studentship available:

Neural systems engineering for embedded machine vision

Applications are invited for a fully-funded, three-year PhD studentship.
The work will be researching future artificial neural network (ANN)
architectures based on
our neural hardware.

The types of vision application which will form the basis for mass
implementation over the next few years are those requiring the embedding
of intelligent pattern
recognition systems into industrial processes, instrumentation and
portable systems. These systems will make extreme demands on the
hardware, requiring the
integration of traditional image processing with ANN techniques, and
implemented in designs with small footprint and low power consumption.
The project will
research methods for the efficient embedding of imaging algorithms into
hardware and neural arrays. A hardware implementation of the system will
be developed.
The work will be motivated by industrially relevant demonstrator
applications, and will include collaboration with system developers and
end users.

The studentship is partly funded by AXEON Ltd who are developing novel
processor systems. The student would join a lively and rapidly expanding
novel architectures
research group in the Department of Engineering.

The funding of the studentship covers UK/EU tuition fees and a
maintenance grant equivalent to standard Research Council rates.
Applicants should have a good first
degree (equivalent of UK 1st class or upper second) in electronic
engineering, physics or computational science. Informal enquiries may be
directed to Dr Alastair
Allen. Email: a.allen@abdn.ac.uk. Tel: +44 1224 272501. Fax: +44 1224
272497.

Application forms: Postgraduate Office, Department of Engineering,
Fraser Noble Building, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB24 3UE, UK.
Tel: +44 1224
272513. Fax: +44 1224 273895. Email: pgoffice@eng.abdn.ac.uk

Article: 26152