Subject: Re: Virtex-II variable vs fixed DCM phase-shift ?
From: Austin Lesea <austin.lesea@xilinx.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 14:32:48 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
For those following this thread:

This turned out to be something much less sinister:  the LOCKED output of the first DCM must be
inverted and sent to the RESET input fo the second (cascaded) DCM.

The only point in bringing this up here is that generally speaking as an IC Designer, everything
looks like an IC issue to be (when you are a hammer, everything looks like a nail).

Of course, the hotline does a great job (solving 99.99% of cases quickly), but the occasional case
does get stuck (for no fault of anyone), and in this case, I looked at the HDL code, and saw the
problem immediately (only because it bit me once, well maybe twice).

Austin

Article: 45351