Subject: Viewing internal nets during Quartus functional simulation
From: Dalton Marris <dmarris@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:37:36 -0400
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
I am trying to perform a functional simulation of a circuit
which contains a multiplier (LPM_MULT) feeding into a ram
cell (VHDL code).  Using the Node Finder, I have added the
output of the multiplier "mult:inst|result" to my .vwf file,
but I get the following warning message when I simulate:

Warning: Can't find node mult:inst|result[0] for functional
simulation. Ignored vector source file node.

I have read the question posed by Christos (10/9/2003), and
responded to by Subroto Datta (10/9/2003).

Since I am performing a functional simulation, and the Node
Finder can find the node of interest:

(1) Should the LCELL still be necessary?

(2) Why can't the node be found, is it stripped out when I
run the "Generate Functional Simulation Netlist" tool?

Regards,
Dalton

Article: 72426