Subject: Help! Writing to IDE hard drive
From: kz@uni.uiuc.edu (Casey Smith)
Date: 20 Apr 1998 00:27:13 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
       I'm trying to use a FPGA to control an IDE hard drive. Can't
 even write to the registers on the drive yet. I have the ANSI spec
 but I can't shake the feeling it's leaving something out. Anyone know
 where I can get more detailed info on ATA-2 or can anyone help?

                                Thanks much,
                                        kz
                                        cjsmith@uiuc.edu

Article: 9976