Subject: Re: Linux and Xchecker
From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Date: 19 Mar 1998 08:52:26 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
keiser anthony lynn <akeiser@ews.uiuc.edu> wrote:
:   Greetings,

:   I am trying to make an xchecker download program to run on Linux.
: I have found the schematics on Xilinx's web page, but can find no
: information on any of the "commands" that are obviously being stored
: in the XC3042 and/or SRAM.  Any help you can provide would be
: appreciated.

Hallo,

I don't know what system the original program runs on, but I guess either
Dos or win. If these commands are doenloaded via either the serial or
parallel port, dosemu or wine might be good programms to spy what is going
on on these ports.

> :   I am trying to make an xchecker download program to run on Linux.
> : I have found the schematics on Xilinx's web page, but can find no
> : information on any of the "commands" that are obviously being stored
> : in the XC3042 and/or SRAM.  Any help you can provide would be
> : appreciated.

Depends on what you want to do, but maybe you can use Xilinx's
parallel cable, which consists only of two 74HC125 and therefore
should be easy to figure out.

> I don't know what system the original program runs on, but I guess either
> Dos or win. If these commands are doenloaded via either the serial or

And Solaris - sort of.

Tom
Article: 9502