Subject: Re: Quartus II 3.0 Release & Web Edition Download Links
From: rickman <spamgoeshere4@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 12:49:04 -0400
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Ben Twijnstra wrote:

> Hi Valeria,
>
> > Windows9x is no more supported?
>
> Nope. Then again, if you're doing any serious development, W98 is not really
> the right platform.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ben

I always find it amusing when people say that older software and
hardware are not for "serious" development anymore.  Sure there are
better systems and software out now, but five year old software and
computer hardware do not lose any capabilities.  Unlike mechanical
devices which wear out and degrade with time, computers run just as well
10 years later as they did the day they were new.  I used my last PC
with Windows 95 for five years.  The real reason I gave it up was
because vendors dropped support for 95.

Windows 98 is a stable platform and requires less hardware support to
make it function well.  As long as you can get the software you want and
it is still supported on your platform, why upgrade?  Win98 still works
just as well as it did when it came out in 1999, in fact, better!