Subject: Re: USB transceiver for FPGA
From: "Colin Jackson" <jacksoncolin@fake_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:40:16 -0400
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
We were just sending the design to the layout guys.
What's that saying? "Don't shoot the messenger!!!"
Thanks for the heads up.  Years ago Phillips did the same thing to me on a
stepper driver.  They need to forecast a little better.
Now that I've been burned twice I think it's time to take them off my
"favorites" list. (I think I said that last time.)

I never looked into the eval board.

Colin

"jakab tanko" <jtanko@ics-ltd.com> wrote in message
> I have looked at that one some time ago but there was a message on
> the Philips website that the chip is going obsolete and that scared me
> away...
> I tried to confirm with the Philips rep. here in Ottawa,Canada but
> all I got to talk to was an answering machine!. Did you manage to get an
> eval board for it?
> ---
> jakab
> "Colin Jackson" <jacksoncolin@fake_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I'm working on a project with USB to a XILINX FPGA.
> > The interface chip I'm going with is Phillips ISP-1501
> > http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/cgi-bin/pldb/pip/isp1501
> >
> > Good Luck,
> > Colin
> >
> > "jakab tanko" <jtanko@ics-ltd.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >  I am looking for an USB transceiver chip that can be interfaced to an
> > > FPGA WITHOUT microcontroller. USB 2.0 would be ideal, 1.1 is also ok.
> > > Any suggestions?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > ---
> > > jakab