Subject: Re: Using very large number in VHDL
From: "Marc Randolph" <mrand@my-deja.com>
Date: 23 Aug 2005 05:34:00 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>

> See if you can use simple concatenation instead of most of your
> computations...
>
> /Mikhail

Howdy Nick,

In case you didn't understand what Mikhail is suggesting, concatenation
for this type of thing would look something like this:

address(34 downto <something>)                 <= page_group;
address(<something-1> downto <something_else>) <= page_number;
address(<something_else-1> downto 0)           <= index;

You can control or increment each one as needed, and independantly.

   Marc

Article: 88576