Subject: Re: Kalman filters
From: backhus <nix@nirgends.xyz>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:02:02 +0100
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
mnemo5@163.com schrieb:
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Actually, what I want to do is to make a hardware implementation(FPGA)
> of an Extended Kalman Filter of a tracking system(It works well in
> Matlab).
>
> I am a beginner of FPGA,so can anybody give me some suggestios?
>
> Thank  you ~~

Hi mnemo,
have a look at this page (especially the PDFs)

http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~beber/DA/da.php

It's a thesis work, where a kalman filter is used for controlling an
inverse pendulum.

The really intresting point here is the way they use fixed point
arithmetic to keep the hardware lean. You can do that in Matlab too, by
using the fixed point toolbox (if available).

Now comes the bad news, it's writen in german.

Have fun
   Eilert

Article: 97576