Subject: Re: Virtex 4 Multiplier RPM Constraints?
From: "Love Singhal" <lovesinghal@gmail.com>
Date: 2 Mar 2006 01:40:16 -0800
Thanks for the help.
Yes, my purpose for now is to run experiments on partial
reconfiguration. For that I am looking at commonly occuring large
modules (that take up lot of slices) even if their implementation is
not optimal. I will look into the DSP implementation of multiplier to
see if it serves my purpose as well.

I figured out a way to separate the logic of various components (like
multipliers, adders, etc.) from each other. This could be done by using
pblocks in Planahead. Planahead does hierarchical placement as well so
it is better suited to do component-based placement.

I am also trying to figure out a way to provide relative placement
constraints for each component. I guess one way would be to floorplan
the component alone and then export its floorplan as RPM. The RPM can
then  be used for the placement of the common components in the bigger
design by putting the RPM in the ucf file..

Regards,
Love Singhal
http://www.ics.uci.edu/`lsinghal

Article: 97951