Subject: Re: fpga to 5v ttl logic
From: "Peter Alfke" <peter@xilinx.com>
Date: 1 Mar 2006 11:25:09 -0800
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
If you want to drive real bipolar TTL from a 3.3-V Vcco FPGA, just do
it. No problem!
No need for anything special.
TTL treats any input >2.0 V as logic High (ever since TI issued this
standard >40 years ago.)
And the FPGA will generate a High signal close to 3.3 V. So you have
plenty of noise immunity.
Peter Alfke, Xilinx Applications

aiiadict@gmail.com wrote:
> >What FPGA?
>
> xilinx xc3s200
>
> >What I/O supply voltage?
>
> 3.3v
>
> >How fast?
>
> a bit faster than 1 MHz
>
> >For others you may want to use special level translators or perhaps 3.3
> >volt buffers with 5v compatible I/O.
>
> Anybody have links to level translator components, or a 3.3v
> buffer with 5v i/o?
>
> >Also, what logic family are you using on the 5v side - TTL
>
> TTL
>
> Rich

Article: 97901