Subject: Re: PCI configuration for ML310
From: "igelado@gmail.com" <igelado@gmail.com>
Date: 1 Mar 2006 02:14:17 -0800
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
No, I did not, because the misc_logic is written in Verilog and I have
no idea about Verilog, so I "ported" that piece of code to VHDL. The
code in Verilog is as follows:

always @(posedge clk)
 pci_int_or <= (~pci_inta) | (~pci_intb) |  (~pci_intc)  |  (~pci_intd)
| (~pci_inte) | (~pci_intf) | (~pci_core_intr_a) | (sbr_int);

Which I wrote in VHDL as:
process(clk)
 if(clk'event and clk='1') then
  pci_merge <= pci_sbr or not pci_inta or not pci_intb or not pci_inc
or not pci_ind or not pci_inte or not pci_intf ot not pci_core_intr_a;

The pci_merge signal is connected to the interrupt zero pin, which is
the same that is using in the base configuration provided by Xilinx. I
have also modified the xparameters_ml300.h generated by the EDK in
order to get the linux kernel using that interrupt for all PCI devices.

I think both codes are doing the same, aren't they? However, the base
configuration from Xilinix is using a really old opb2pci bridge (if I
try using it I get an error because it is deprecated) and I'm using the
latest one. Both cores have the same interrupt lines, but I do not know
if they are compatible.

My first guess was that maybe in the current core the pci_int<a> lines
are active in high, so instead of merging the signals inverting the
pci_int<a> and making a logical or I didn't invert them. Unfortunately
the result was the same :(.  Right now I am merging all the signals as
shown on the previous VHDL code but not using pci_inte, pci_intf
pci_core_intr_a, which I think there are not used by my hardware
configuration. With this schema only the PCI-IDE controller is getting
interrupts.

I will try to also include the pci_core_intr_a in the merge logic. But,
as you can guess, I am trying different configurations without knowing
what I am really doing.

Isaac

Article: 97876