Subject: Re: Quadrature Encoder ::
From: "John_H" <johnhandwork@mail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:55:41 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
You're having quadrature encoder troubles?

The two bits of the quadrature encoder are like a 2-bit Gray counter.

Consider what it might take to turn these 2 bits into an n-bit Gray counter,
then decode the gray to binary when it's in the clock domain of interest.
If done properly, chatter on one of the two quadrature inputs will not
result in anything except chatter on one bit of the Gray value.

Article: 95051