Subject: Re: Design security
From: Peter Alfke <peter@xilinx.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:03:32 -0800
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>

Steve Rencontre wrote:

> I've just received an info sheet on the Cypress Delta39k family. Guess
> what? An SRAM CPLD and a flash memory in a 2-dice-per-chip package!
>
> This still isn't going to stop the bad guy with lots of money to spend on
> disassembling the chip, but it's got to be a good thing for intermediate
> security.
>
> --
> Steve Rencontre, Design Consultant
> http://www.rsn-tech.demon.co.uk

What does it take to dissolve some plastic? Twenty bucks?  Fifteen pound
sterling?
Looks like a token security to me. Somewhat like the door-lock on my house...

Subject: Re: Xilinx Spartan2
From: Greg Neff <gregneff@my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:06:14 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
In article <387A38D6.9C2C0EE9@xilinx.com>,
  peter.alfke@xilinx.com wrote:
(snip)

> Spartan2 was officially announced today, Jan 10.
> If you are interested in details, click on
>
> http://www.xilinx.com/products/spartan2/index.htm

(snip)

I downloaded the data sheet, but all parts are shown as commercial
temperature only.  Any plans to offer industrial temperature grade?

--
Greg Neff
VP Engineering

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/