Subject: Re: Altera MAX-II: User logic access to USERCODE_REGISTER?
From: "Antti Lukats" <antti@openchip.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:56:46 +0100
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
"Petter Gustad" <newsmailcomp6@gustad.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:7dpsmyrawe.fsf@www.gratismegler.no...
> Antti.Lukats@xilant.com writes:
>
>> http://wiki.openchip.org/index.php/Altera:JTAG
>>
>> MAXII is similar to Cyclone, I have verified that in silicon
>
> Thanks!
>
> BTW, is there a way to make quartus_pgm play SVF files (or convert SVF
> into some other format I can play)? I would like to play the following
> file:
>
> SIR 10 TDI (007);
> SDR 32 TDI (FFFFFFFF); ! or some other pattern
>
> I would then expect to observe the USERCODE value being shifted out of
> the maxii_jtag module from my user logic.
>

> Petter
> --

you can defenetly use jam/stapl with quartus, its a bit pain as it requres
CRC I think it can be ignored and after warning quartus programmer will
accept the file but its generically more pain than using SVF

you can connect Cable III to the JTAG and use impact, or I could search my
hard disk and upload a XSVFplayer that supports byteblaster cable

--
Antti Lukats
http://www.xilant.com

Article: 94426