Subject: Re: design does not fit in device
From: "John Adair" <removethisthenleavejea@replacewithcompanyname.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 09:26:23 +0100
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
MAP report file (*.mrp) is the place usually to look for the resources used.

John Adair
Enterpoint Ltd. - Home of Broaddown2. The Ultimate Spartan3 Development
Board.
http://www.enterpoint.co.uk

<nahum_barnea@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hi.
>
> I have a design target to xilinx virtex2pro30 device.
> In the map stage I get "ERROR:342 design does not fit in device".
>
> But although I run "map -detail", the tool does not give me any details
> such as how far I am off the device limitation, in what category my
> design does not fit (registers or luts) etc ...
>
> Is there a way to extract this information from the Xilinx ISE tools ?
>
> ThankX,
> NAHUM

Article: 86951
Subject: Wishbone RTL simulator
From: "hata" <sabatian@libero.it>
Date: 11 Jul 2005 02:06:29 -0700

does anybody know if a rtl simulator of the wishbone bus exist and, in
case it does, if it is available somewhere? I looked on the opencores
website but i did not fined anything about it.

Thanks in advance,

hata

Article: 86952
> does anybody know if a rtl simulator of the wishbone bus exist and, in
> case it does, if it is available somewhere? I looked on the opencores
> website but i did not fined anything about it.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> hata

there are simulators for RTL and testbenches for the Wishbone, there is no
such thing as 'wishbone simulator' you just run your HDL simulator on the
wishbone testbench thats it.