Subject: Re: Good FPGA introduction book ?
From: Jedi <me@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:51:51 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Gabor wrote:

> Peter Alfke wrote:
>
>>Well. European geography was never a US forte. Confusing Sweden with
>>Switzerland is much worse than mixing up Finland and Sweden. Hell, for
>>a few hundred years, before Napoleon, those two were actually together.
>>In Europe, I have asked people whether they know the difference between
>>Michigan and Minnesota, and I got a blank stare...
>>Peter Alfke
>

> Sorry to push this thread further off topic, but...
>
> a) Michigan and Minnesota, while as large as many European
> countries are not countries, while Finland and Sweden are.
>
> b) You'd get a lot of blank stares in the US, too.
>
> c) At least you didn't confuse Sweden and Norway, you could be
> shot for that ;-)

When it would have been mentioned somewhere in a newspaper or
whatever media I wouldn't had paid much attention..

Just attracted me since in this FPGA book an own chapter is
devoted to opensource and Linux EDA software...

...so in this context it's better to make your homework right (o;

...anyway
nice weekend
rick

ps: a .ch living in .fi born somewhere else (o;
contact: RK2991-RIPE

Article: 86301